Saturday 26 January 2013

Stuff We Like: Ewan the Dream Sheep

I'm trying to persuade (read: win through bloody-minded persistence) D into a bedtime routine. Yes, he's only twelve weeks old, but I reckon if we get some things to be part of bedtime now, he'll associate them with sleeping as he gets older. Enter Ewan the Dream Sheep.


My mother-in-law had seen the celebrity endorsements in a newspaper and decided to buy it for us and I'm really pleased she did. I think I might love it more than the baby does (there's often been a night when my husband and I have nodded off to the soothing sounds of, er, white noise.) Ewan has four sounds- harp, womb, rain and vacuum cleaner, all with a heartbeat underneath and an optional pink light. We started using it when D was about three weeks old and, at first, we weren't sure that it was working. However, now I find that if I play the harp sequence when we put him down, followed by the vacuum, he tends to nod off fairly quickly. If he's really stressed, I play it while I comfort him. 

You can buy Ewan the Dream Sheep from here for £29.99

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I've heard really good things from loads of different people about this! May have to get one in advance of the birth even if its this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one for B and I think it does help to settle him when he's already drifting off. Does my head in though! We ordered it in a 3am, overtired, zombie like state, hoping it would be a miracle maker! So far, no miracles but B seems to like how soft it is...

    ReplyDelete