Friday 5 April 2013

Lurgy.

So, it's been a quiet week or so from me for a couple of reasons. My parents came to visit us last weekend and so blogging wasn't massively on the agenda- they haven't seen D since December and so we were quite busy! It was lovely to see him respond so positively to them. Thank goodness for Skype! He's become used to their voices, so he was able to recognise them quite quickly!

Also, we've had a horrible stomach bug take over the house; D had been sick on Sunday morning, accompanied by nappies that required a degree of heroism to combat. Cue me calling the emergency doctor and my parents driving to us at 11pm on Easter Monday with Dioralyte. It has not been fun. It's only today that he's seemed better- he was still suffering yesterday morning. Of course, when I spoke to a GP, I was treated a bit like I was overreacting, but I needed to check that all was well. It's not normal for a baby to have sickness and diarrhoea for five days! However, because D was quite chirpy and didn't have a temperature, apparently all was fine. I, on the other hand, was so ill I was carrying a bucket around with me and alarming the cat with my pale pallor.

So what did I learn during this 'escapade'? Well, being sick when your baby is sick/not as sick as you is quite annoying and very hard work. Also, Postman Pat is a godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment