Friday 19 April 2013

How time flies...

I've recently confirmed that I'm going back to work in a few weeks and I'm bricking it. But it's also made me realise how quickly time has gone (even though some of the early days felt like water torture, the slow drip-drip of not knowing what the hell I was doing!) I mean, D is nearly six months old!

Gangnam Style


I've been sorting out some of his clothes, in order to give stuff away or sell it on eBay (quick plug, all my stuff is here) and I've been marvelling at just how tiny his newborn clothes were, even though he wasn't in them for very long at all. I'm keeping some bits- his coming home outfit and stuff I made, but the rest has to go. 

We've also had to graduate to a new car seat, as D was doing a very good impression of Richard III hunched up in his old one. His new one, obviously, has robots on it. Of course it does.

The hardest thing to see go was the crib. D is now in a cot, which has the odd effect of making my gigantic baby look small. However, he loves it, as he can roll onto his front and grin at me when he wants to get up. I'm honestly convinced that it won't be long until he's crawling properly- at the moment, he pulls himself round like a seal!

It's weird when I look back on D's first five and a half months. They've gone so quickly and the first three months are nothing but a blur. I don't remember much, apart from being ill and tear-y all the time, as well as constantly questioning myself. I wouldn't personally go through that again if you paid me. It's only in the last six weeks I've felt completely normal (I was diagnosed with depression a couple of months ago. It's getting better, but I don't like to go into it too much.) Needless to say, I'm enjoying D more now. He's nosy, noisy and a terrible flirt. He's completely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment