Wednesday 20 March 2013

Wednesday Weaning- weekly update #3

Weaning Set - BLUE
Image: Vital Baby

It's been a bit of a hectic week, as you can probably tell with the lack of posting! Weaning wise, it's been OK. We had a couple of milestones and new tastes.

Firstly, D had his first meal out- we had lunch in a local cafe for my birthday. I took a Plum sachet and a fromage frais, both of which D took really enthusiastically. I was a bit worried at first, as normally the sachet would be mixed with baby rice. After a few grimaces, D happily took all of the food- leading to a peaceful lunch for the grown ups!

We also took D to his grandparents' for tea on Sunday. I was recently sent a Vital Baby weaning set (£3.99), which I was looking forward to trying. I put some baby food from a jar (a new experience for us!) into the bowl. The food was secure and I really like the spoon holder! I was able to microwave the food briefly and it was really handy for keeping everything tidy. This is something that I can see becoming part of our regular kit when out and about.

Taste-wise, we've been trying D with new flavours- I've been using jars mostly this week, as I've wanted to try more flavours. D has tried the dubiously named 'Grandpa's Sunday Lunch' and a parsnip and potato puree, which has been VERY popular. He seems to be a fan of sweeter vegetables- spinach is not a popular flavour and sweet tastes such as fruit are a bit hit and miss.

My next step is to try making my own food. I've bought a couple of books about baby food and so it's a matter of building confidence in both myself and D. I'll let you know how we get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment