Monday 4 February 2013

Trying to get inspired

 

Now don’t get me wrong, I am very excited to be having a baby, and can’t wait to watch it learn, grow, explore and develop. But I've not yet bought one thing for the new arrival. No clothes, no furniture or anything. Well, actually I bought some nappy bags and some wet wipes in poundland the other day, but I don't think that counts. I’ve bought a notebook with sections in for ‘what we need’/’what we’ve been lent’/’in an ideal world we would buy…’ and we’ve been given some bits too…

So in a bid to try and get excited about actually buying things and planning the nursery, I’ve been having a snoop around Pinterest (all images link to the original pin)

The Bam-B crib – it turns into all sorts of other things. Incredibly pricey as you have to purchase all the bits for it separately, but in theory, and if money were no object, a useful bit of furniture!

Labelled drawers, so the sprog can get itself dressed (obviously not for a few years yet…) But I know already that I want my sprog to be as self dependent as possible as early as possible.

Completely cutesy and something I would never manage to keep looking neat, but I like the big flowery things… we’ve kept a couple of the strings of origami birds that Sam made for our wedding decor to go up in the sprogs room.

We already have wall decals in our bedroom, and they are a really easy way to add interest to a room, especially if you are renting and/or covering up mouldy bits… (which is another reason to want to move by the time the baby arrives!)

Seriously, who's house actually LOOKS like like half the stuff you see on pinterest… anyway, I like to idea of big baskets to keep stuff tidy.

How completely OTT is this? I’ve pinned a couple of completely outrageous bedrooms on my baby board too, seriously these people must be rich beyond belief, plus your kid would only fit in the above bed till it was about three, maximum!

If you’re a mama then at what stage did you start to get excited for planning and buying things? Someone accused me of not being particularly maternal the other day, which I thought was a bit harsh, I'm making the most of not having a house full of mess actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment